AWS Lightsail Cloud WHMCS Installation Guide & Documentation
About AWS Lightsail Cloud WHMCS Module
AWS Lightsail Cloud WHMCS Module allows users to easily resell the best selling cloud servers of AWS Lightsail in their WHMCS. Moreover, their clients get options to manage the complete server from the WHMCS client area itself.
How to install AWS Lightsail Cloud WHMCS Module?
How to upload files with WHMCS?
1. Extract the file according to the specific PHP version you are using.
2. Under the Module folder, you will find servers folder that includes another folder named AWS Lightsail. Now, you just need to upload the module folder to WHMCS server’s directory (whmcs_root/modules/servers/).
3. Under the Module folder, you will find the addons folder that you need to upload here:(whmcs_root/modules/addons/).
4. Since this Module will allow you to sell your predefined products. Login to your admin area of WHMCS and navigate to Settings >> System Settings >> Products/Services.
How to generate AWS Lightsail API for the module?
1. To resell AWS Servers you must need an API key, for which you need to login to the Amazon AWS Management Console, under the My Account Drop Down select "My Security Credentials".
2. Now go to 'Access Keys (access key ID and secret access key) section.
3. In case you have already generated the API keys, you will find them in this section, otherwise please click on "Create New Access Key"
4. This will generate a new Access Key for you, select and copy this Access Key for further use.
Procedure to configure module with product
1. Login to your admin area of WHMCS and navigate to Setup >>>Products/Services.
2. This Module will allow you to sell your predefined products.
3. In Products/Services, create a new Product Group and Products. After creating a new product you need to edit that.
4. Find out 'Module Settings'.
5. Under Module Settings, you will get a Dropdown (Module Name). From that dropdown, you need to select the 'AWS LightSail Module'.
6. After the selection of the module, you will come up with more fields that are must to be filled to make the module functional.
As you can see in the above image there are six fields (License Key, API Key, API Secret Key, Regions, Bundles and Platform).
> Now you have to update the License Key, API Key, API Secret Key fields with their corresponding values. Here you also need to select the default Region.
> On the basis of the selected region, you will get the list of bundles.
> You need to select the Platform from Linux or Windows from the platform dropdown.
Note: You have to create predefined products for each bundle and region you selected. This means that you need to create products for each bundle and region. In AWS there are multiple bundles and regions. You need to create different products for each bundle and region.
After completing the mentioned process, you can process your orders.
How to remove Platform and Blueprint options from Customer's Order Page?
You can not remove the Blueprint feature as this feature is mandatory to create a new server.
You can remove the Platform feature while ordering a new server, here is the process to follow:
Login as WHMCS admin, Go to Setup >> Product/Services >> Configurable Options >> Find Configurable group and option. From here you can remove this feature from the ordering process.